Saturday, May 16, 2009

Bonnets

Bonnets
8x10 Soft Pastel on Art Spectrum Color fix
By Tom Willa
$70
This is the fourth painting posting in a row. That's a good thing. I saw these flower blossoming a couple of weeks ago during a walk in Renton by the Cedar River. I was captivated by presence of beauty of these small flowers. The individual bloom, the cascading strength of the blooms of each plant and majestic quality of the groups of plants springing up combining to celebrate a new season of growth. Winter is a tough season for me, I am so glad that flowers our blooming. The coolness and dark values maybe a little over stated but like the seasons my paintings seems to be tied to my emotional state. Be happy and live.

1 comment:

Miki Willa said...

I love the depth in this painting. You have captured the feeling of a woodland glade. Beautiful painting.