Monday, May 4, 2009

Purple Step

Purple Step
12x16 Pastel on Art Spectrum Color Fix
By Tom Willa
$90 matted 16x20
Hi everybody. The tulip series continues. I scouted out some purple tulips growing around town, they became the motivation for a little surrealism. A long time ago when I first started painting, I kept a dream journal (college course assignment) it was fun. Like writers who keep the note pad by the bed you keep your sketch book on the night stand. It was a kick to wake up start drawing subconscious thoughts consolidating them onto a page. I think this is where my habit to wake up start painting immediately and my fine tuning of painting image concept mentally comes from. Well the day has begun to slip away, I have to go the gym for some exercise before the rain storm arrives. Stay dry,stay comfortable and most of all stay happy with you.

1 comment:

Miki Willa said...

I really like the composition of this painting. The colors also work well. I love the water drops on the tulip. Surrealism is fun.