Wednesday, July 8, 2009

River Stream

River Stream
9x12 Pastel $75
by Tom Willa
Wow, more than two weeks have flown by since I last posted. Miki opened her show at the Cormerstone Coffee Cafe in Bremerton last Friday. Her paintings will be showing there through the 31st of July. Stop by check out original paintings of the Northwest, her glass blowing series and some great still life priced to be very reasonably for all.
This is a painting from last summer road trip. I remember we were in Maine's Mountains very close to Canada at a camp ground that was a canoeist favorite launch site. I was thinking about the water in some of the eagle images that I hope to create and decided to continue working on the water in this painting for practice. Now it is done.
During my sister's visit we talked some about the joy of artistic creation. She makes beautiful quilts which are inspirational unique. I think she has a lot of fun with the challenges that are required in that process. I've decided to paint some more flowers(not a big surprise). I am going to go big and bold while sowing some fun for myself. So stay tuned and for now "That's All Folks."

1 comment:

Miki Willa said...

The water in this painting really shows movement. The colors are very exciting. I like this painting. The river is the Little Sacco River.