Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Peristeria Dove Orchid

Dove Orchid 5x7
$22 matted and ship in continental US
Photograph Medium Gloss Photo Paper
By Tom Willa
Today, I worked on some of my flower images, I spent a good amount of time matting and mounting some of the prints I have made recently. I am trying to get ready for selling a bunch of 5x7 flower images at Downtown Renton Art & Antique Walk on August 22nd. I wrapped that up for the day, then switched to looking through files for flower images. I found one of my favorites, this dove orchid is the national flower of Panama. My next neighbor in Hawaii grew this species, when he first showed me it, I was awestruck. This flower strikes hope in my heart, I see natural beauty in the image and more. I am pretty glad I rediscovered the photo in my files. I hope you all have a great week and take time to explore the flowers.

No comments: