Thursday, August 6, 2009

Upper Falls & Wine Cellar Entry

Upper Falls
7x5 75 lb high gloss photo paper
By Tom Willa
Wine Cellar Entry
5x7 Photograph 75lb high gloss photo paper
By Tom Willa
Hi all. Photographic edited is time consuming. I woke up this morning and decided to work on the Upper Falls photo an hour or so later I was ready to print an image. I am working up some of my photos as fine art images. I am going to be selling them online in the near future. I am driven to strive for excellence working in digital images. I have a tendency to take it to the pixel level. I guess it is about understanding the relationship between final creations size and print characteristics which determine final product qualities. These two images one with an hour plus of editing and the other "as is" are a good example of that. The Falls probably could have a few pixels, I might want to chase down and work on, the cellar door has a extension chord which if I were going to print as a large image, I would Photoshop away. I just wanted to share some of the realities of a modern professional photography with all.


3 comments:

Willa said...

Photos look great to me!

Michael Chesley Johnson, Artist / Writer said...

I especially like that top one, Tom!

Tom Willa said...

Thanks for the comments. It is great to have some positive feedback when you are working on a new project.