Saturday, June 13, 2009

Hunter

Hunter
8x5 Pencil Drawing
By Tom Willa
First and foremost, thanks to Rich who took some awesome photographs of this eagle. He takes the best images of birds I have ever seen. He gave me permission to use some for paintings. I was working on some shading and light lessons with the number two pencil last night which turned out pretty decent. This morning I woke up and decided to do a study of this eagle for amusement. It has been about ten years since I painted any birds so it maybe time, that and movement of the water are my current inspiration. So I hope you like this and are amused, too.
On another note,
only five days left in the Tulip Image Giveaway: You have to enter to win, one of these FREE original images would make an excellent gift for a friend or family member. They range in size from 5x7 to12x16. Thank you to all of you who have participated to date, Floating Tulips and Royal Reds are tied for first place. Hoping all have a happy day.

No comments: